Are you an aspiring Human Resources Professional seeking for internship to develop your skills and experience? Do you have a particular interest and background in Human Resources Management and are ready to work in a very diverse technology environment?
Type: Internship (upgradeable to a full-time position)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Full time, Hybrid
About the Company
Gurugeeks IT/Telecoms provides a diverse range of design, engineering and digital technology and transformation services and consultancy. Our focus is to provide distinctive solutions in areas of IT, Telecoms and Electrical Power Systems
Be part of the team that develops and runs our digital IT platforms, driving innovation in how we deliver to our customers and the rest of the business. Our Lagos development team is expanding with multiple opportunities available at different levels. We are looking for a young graduate to join our Human Resources Management Internship program which in a short period of term would build capacity to function as a permanent Associate with the responsibilities highlighted below.
• Update our internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms.
• Post, update and remove job ads from job boards, careers pages and social networks once position has been filled.
• Screen resumes and application forms.
• Tracking applications, schedule and confirming interviews with candidates and documenting session outcomes.
• Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates.
• On-boarding new staff, creating induction and welcome progammes for new joiners.
• Assisting team leads with Performance management activities.
• Prepare HR-related reports as needed.
• Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.
• Review and distribute company policies in digital formats or hard copies.
• Participate in organizing company events and careers days.
Qualifications & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human resources, Industrial relations/Personnel management, Business administration, or a related field.
• Proven experience as a Staff Assistant or similar junior HR role is a plus.
• Familiarity with HRIS, ATS and resume databases
• You are a self-starter with a passion for learning who is not afraid to ask questions.
• Able to work both independently and in a cooperative team environment to achieve goals.
• Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office and SharePoint.
• Good understanding of full-cycle recruiting
• Basic knowledge of labour laws is an added advantage.
• Effective communication skills